As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Impact wrenches, also known as impact guns, are a toolbox essential that comes in handy for everyone, especially mechanics. They are the perfect tool for removing and attaching lugs on tires as well as other types of jobs.
These wrenches are a form of socket wrench that delivers a much higher torque than any other type of wrench out there. To help you choose the right one for you, we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about the best corded impact wrenches as well as share our four favorite corded impact wrenches with you.
Different Types of Impact Torque Wrench
There are several types of impact wrenches. Before you purchase one, you should know the different types so you know you’re choosing the right one.
- Electric Impact Wrench: Electric impact wrenches run on electricity. There are two types of electric impact wrenches. The first type is the corded impact wrench which means you need an outlet nearby. The second is a cordless impact wrench which runs on a battery instead of being powered from an electric outlet.
- Hydraulic Impact Wrench: A hydraulic impact wrench is typically used for industrial work because they’re extremely large and have such a high amount of torque. They’re run by a motor that works with a spring for a high impact and torque.
- Pneumatic Impact Wrench: Pneumatic impact wrenches are powered by strong air pressure. To run one, you need an air compressor. This is one of the oldest types of impact wrench.
What to Look for in a Corded Impact Wrench
When you’re picking out a corded impact wrench, there are certain features you should take into consideration, including:
- Torque: If you’re looking for an impact wrench, you probably need a high amount of torque for the job. All of these wrenches deliver in that area but pay attention to the specifications, details, and pros and cons. You want an impact wrench with enough torque for the task at hand.
- Impact: Each wrench has a different impact. The higher the impact, the fast is will drill and tighten, depending on which add-on you’re using. Keep in mind that this can lower the amount of torque being used. You need to know how much impact you need before you choose an impact wrench.
- Drive Size: Do you know your drive size? Most impact wrenches have a drive size of 1/2 inch which works for most jobs but there are other driver sizes out there if you need a different size.
- Size: The size of your impact wrench matters. If you have a big garage and room to move around, you can probably accommodate a bigger impact wrench. If you need to reach smaller spaces or don’t want to carry a heavy wrench around, a smaller one might be right for you.
The 4 Best Corded Impact Wrenches
Here are our four favorite corded impact wrenches, each with a unique design that delivers its own benefits.
Porter Cable 7.5-Amp Impact Wrench
- The Porter Cable Impact Wrench offers 7.5 amps of power.
- It has 450 foot/pounds of high torque force.
- It uses a 1/2 inch hog ring anvil that makes changing out sockets as needed super easy.
- This impact wrench even has a one-handed forward/reverse rocker switch for more control.
- This durable product includes a 3-year warranty.
Enertwist Electric 8.5-Amp Impact Wrench
- This Enertwist Electric Impact Wrench has a whopping 8.5 amps of power.
- It even has 1050 foot/pounds of super high torque force. That’s way beyond most electric impact wrenches.
- It’s made completely of metal for a heavy duty, durable design. This one is gonna last you a very long time.
- It has a rubberized grip that makes holding the wrench easy on your hands for long periods of time.
- This impact wrench uses a 1/2 inch hog ring anvil so you can easily change out sockets when you need to.
- The adjustable speed allows you to tailor the speed to the task at hand.
- It also has a one-handed forward/reverse rocker switch.
- This corded impact wrench has a is 9.9 feet long power cord.
VonHaus 8.5-Amp Impact Wrench
- VonHaus’ impact wrench has a whopping 8.5 amps of power.
- It has 260 feet/pounds of high torque force.
- It’s lightweight and easy to handle.
- The ergonomic design of the grip is easy on your hands while you’re working.
- It has a 1/2 inch hog ring anvil that makes it easy for you to switch out sockets as needed. It also holds the socket in the position you want it to be in.
- This impact wrench has a dual-bearing armature system to reduce vibration. This keeps your hand steady for quick and accurate results.
- It has a planetary gear system that creates precise motion control.
- Four of the most common sizes of sockets are included.
- Also included is a rugged carrying case for easy storage and travel.
Craftsman 7.5-Amp Impact Wrench
- The Craftsman Impact Wrench has 7.5 amps of power.
- This impact wrench has 450 foot/pound of high torque force.
- It has a hog ring anvil that makes it easy to change sockets as needed.
- It has a variable speed trigger so you can control the speed while you’re working.
- This impact wrench is compatible with the VersaTrack wall organization system.
The Bottom Line
Electric impact wrenches are important tools to have on hand. We hope this guide helps you choose the right one for your needs