As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A scope magnifies your target to help with aim and accuracy. Unfortunately, mounting a scope to your firearm can not only be a hassle, but it can also be confusing.
In addition to finding the right scope and mount kit, you also have to mount the scope to your firearm properly, tighten the screws, check calibration, etc. That’s why having the perfect tools for the job is important. You don’t need to make mounting the scope any harder.
So, in this buyer’s guide, we’re going to share with you our favorite torque wrenches for scope mounting and tell you what to look for when choosing a torque wrench of your own for this type of work.
What to Look For
When looking for the perfect torque wrench for scope mounting, there are several features to keep in mind, including:
- Accuracy: Always read the details of the torque wrench and the customer reviews before purchasing. A great torque wrench should have an accuracy of only +6%/-6% or lower.
- Alert: An alert, whether audible or vibration, is a must-have for any torque wrench. It lets you know when you’ve hit your torque setting so you don’t overtighten bolts and screws.
- Durability: When investing in a torque wrench, look for one you’ll be able to use more than once. You want the most durable wrench you can find. Pay attention to the materials it’s made out of. Steel or high-grade metal is always a good purchase.
- Range: The higher the torque measurement range, the better. It’s important to have a torque wrench with a wide and high range of inches/pounds for heavier duty jobs.
- Speed: A good torque wrench built for scope mounting should not only be easy to use but should be quick as well. You don’t want a torque wrench that is going to slow you down.
Best Torque Wrenches for Scope Mounting Buying Guide
These are our five best torque wrenches for scope mounting for your firearm.
Capri CP21075 Certified Limiting Torque Screwdriver Set
- This Capri CP21075 Certified Limiting Torque Screwdriver Set is known for its precision. The accuracy is +6%/-6%.
- This tool has an ergonomic soft-grip handle so it’s painless on your hands and easy to manipulate.
- This torque wrench has a positive locking ring which prevents you from over-tightening any bolts or fasteners.
- A T-Bar slot provides extra leverage when you need it.
- This wrench is certified calibrated, which means it was calibrated before it even reaches your door. This makes it more accurate than other torque wrenches on the market. Each one has its own serial number once it has been calibrated.
- The scale on this wrench is super easy to read.
- Included in this set are the 20 most used bits.
- It also includes a tough case to store your wrench in when not in use.
Wheeler 710909 Digital Firearm Accurizing Torque Wrench
- Wheeler’s 710909 Digital Firearm Accurizing Torque Wrench is super precise when it comes to torque force.
- It’s made of steel for long-lasting durability and has an ergonomic molded design to make holding it easier on your hands while you’re working.
- This digital torque wrench lets you set a torque setting whether you’re using it on scope rings, bows, or screws.
- The settings range from 15 to 100 inches/pounds of torque.
- It uses both an audible alert and visual alert to let you know that you’ve reached your torque setting so you don’t over-tighten.
- The LCD screen is large so it’s easy to see. The buttons are soft-touch and simple to use.
- It has a low battery alert so it won’t die on you in the middle of a job.
- It comes with an injection molded storage case so you can safely store it when needed.
Weaver Gunsmithing Torque Wrench
- The Weaver Gunsmithing Torque Wrench is made specifically for mounting scopes on firearms. Best of all, it’s super simple to use.
- It’s made to be super durable and won’t break very easily. It should last for years.
- This torque wrench includes magnetic bits that are easy to switch out as needed. This improves accuracy when using torque force.
- It ensures that you don’t over-tighten any bolts or fasteners.
- It also comes with a rugged, weather-resistant storage case to store your torque wrench when not in use.
Neiko 10573B Torque Screwdriver Set
- The Neiko 10573B Torque Screwdriver Set promises both precision and accuracy.
- It’s very versatile. Not only can you use this torque wrench for mounting a scope but also for instrument assembly and many other jobs.
- It makes sure you don’t over-tighten. Set your desired torque measurement and it automatically locks when you reach it.
- It has an extra-long shank to reach those fasteners that are harder to get to. It’s 4.5 inches long.
- The scale is super easy to read and use. It displays 10 to 50 inches/pounds.
- It can be adjusted in 5-inch increments, improving the accuracy of your torque force.
- This torque wrench set includes 20 different types of bits. Each is engraved with its size.
- A tough storage case is also included.
Wiha 28502 TorqueVario-S Torque Screwdriver
- The Wiha 28502 TorqueVario-S Torque Screwdriver isn’t a well-known wrench brand but brings quality wrenches to the table.
- It’s lightweight and compact so it’s easy to handle and travel with.
- It has an ergonomic molded multi-component handle that’s easy to hold.
- This wrench uses an audible click to let you know when you’ve hit your desired torque force.
- It’s certified calibrated which means it’s been calibrated in the factory to ensure even better accuracy before you use it.
- The scale on this wrench is super easy to use and to set.
The Bottom Line
We hope our torque wrench reviews help you choose an accurate and heavy-duty torque wrench for scope mounting. These are some of the best products out there.